307 votes total
Invalid-1 (invalid because someone circled yes and no)
Thank you everyone that voted. Your voice has been heard. We will continue with the many subjects that have been brought forward.
2nd Quarter General Membership Meeting
Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Savage American Legion – Back Hall
12375 Princeton Ave
Savage, Minnesota 55378
Local 167 Members,
We have reached a tentative agreement with management for a new three year labor deal. This agreement includes:
- Updates to allow casual regional EMTs and Paramedics and let them creep and be restricted to that area. In hopes to increase staff and retain staff.
- Updates to Critical Care LOU to reflect current education requirements and completion bonus for National Certification.
- Created a new Article to create a pool of interested members for special events, not just page out and hope some one picks it up. This group will have education on what is expected when doing educational special events like safety camps or rig shows, plus other duties.
- Major change to seniority to a date of hire seniority. No longer using hours to count seniority.
- Updated Article 2 regarding Acquired Entities seniority, to reflect date of hire and half credit not to exceed 5 years.
- Updated Probationary period for the Communications Staff to be lengthened to 365 days from 180. This was requested by the communications staff members. It is more in line with their training program.
- Cleaned up language about what is a holiday shift. 50% or more of hours work on a holiday will be a holiday for pay purposes.
- Across the board wage increases to all step scales a minimum:
- 3%-2018 Retroactive to January 1
- Certain pay scales are getting even more than the across the board pay increase, starting wages for Paramedic/Dispatcher will get a 8.7% increase, ranging down to 4% at year 4. With year 5-12 getting the across the board increases.
- EMT starting rate, is increasing by 6.6% and year 1, is getting a 3.9% increase. Steps 2-12 are getting the across the board increases.
- Driver/Courier/EIT starting rate is increasing by 12.8% and ranging down to a 3% increase at step 12. This group sees the biggest increase in the wage proposal.
- Training officer pay increases to $4.00 while training from $2.00. For a total of $5.00 an hour while training.
- For people that do special projects for management or are regional QA/QI you will get $3.00 when doing that job.
- A weekend bonus program is to be implemented for 20 months (potentially longer). Any extra shift that you pick up on a weekend will be paid $100.00.
- Shop Foreman gets increased to $2.00 when working in that role
- Critical Care and Community Paramedic are added to the appendix for uniform alloutment
- EIT’s increase uniform to $200 allowance.
- Added a new job class in the shop for someone to do Quick Lube type work (i.e. Oil changes, headlights).
- Changed FEMA deployments to get payed for all hours deployed with a minimum of 12 hours.
THE NEGOTIATING TEAM RECOMMENDS A YES VOTE ON THIS TENTATIVE AGREEMENT.
Contract Settlement Ratification announcment 2018
Voting for Board Member Elections Closed on 02/26/18. We used a new process this time. An electronic system from Simply Voting. Overall 126 of 537 electors voted in this process. That’s just under %25 of the total Membership. Your opinion is important and we need better turnouts! Here are the results. These people will represent the Local as Executive Board Members and specifically their groups of responsibility. Click the “Results” link at the end of the post for a pdf of the election results.
Treasurer: Blake Katzenmaier 105 votes with 21 abstain (100%)
Metro Paramedic: Marc LeVoir 85 votes (71.4%) vs. Bradi Larson 34 votes (28.6%) with 7 abstain
EIT(VST): Karen Kozer 110 votes with 16 abstain (100%)
Dispatch: Jim Domeier 115 votes with 11 abstain (100%)
Buffalo: Jake Shepard 104 votes with 22 abstain (100%)
2018 Officer Elections will be held via electronic voting. You will all be getting an email from a company called Simply Voting the title of the email will look like this.
“International Association of EMTs and Paramedics (IAEP) R7-167 ”
Your Elector ID and password is in the email. Please click on the email and vote for the officers. If you did not get the email please contact Secretary Amanda Layne at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can update the list and have an email sent to you. If you did not provide the union with an email before than you will get a post card mailed to your address on record with Allina, with the information on how to vote. We have voting open from Feb 19th till the 26th.
As always look in different folders in your email for the email, they don’t always end up in the inbox. Gmail sends it into the newsletter mailbox not the main inbox.