Welcome back to the Local 167 discussion forums. Please feel free to discuss whatever you wish but keep it respectful. Keep in mind that people have shared (improperly of course) items from past discussion forums with members of AHEMS Management.
President Hopper and VP Dougherty recently attended the 2014 NAGE National Convention from 09/09/14 to 09/11/14 at the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas, NV. Several hundred delegates from all over the U.S. attended. They represented Locals from the IAEP, NAGE, IBPO, DoD and more. Here’s some of the highlights:
– Key-note speakers included SEIU International President Mary Kay Henry.
– New National Constitution and By-laws ratified. You can download a copy by clicking the DL link http://www.nage.org/news/NAGE-National-Convention-Elects-Officers-Ratifies-Bylaws.html
– Elections for National President, Vice Presidents and National Executive Board positions were completed. Congrats to L167 President Brett Hopper on re-election to the NAGE Executive Board! IAEP members continue to try to get more representation on the National E-Board.
– The IAEP is the fastest growing section of NAGE with over 1200 new members certified in the past months!
– Other topics covered were Local financial requirements, charitable donation opportunities and Legal issues affecting Unions.